Saturday, July 12, 2014

Prose: Gnawing of Flesh

  "We fall away from the truth and seek foolish pleasures.  That is the true essence of man."

  It was a dark night.  The storm from earlier that afternoon had all but faded away.  I walked through puddles so black i appeared to be a silhouette in the reflection.  Blood dripped from my sword into the murky puddle below, transforming it like red dye.  Faint screams of terror and anger rung in my ear like mosquitos.  Feelings of regret clawed their way to the surface of my thoughts. I exhaled them with a trembling breath.  "Why?!  Why did it have come to this?!  If only...!!!"  My thoughts raced like mad hordes of buffalo.  On the surface I appeared calm.  Inside I was a pyramid of card surrendering to a unsympathetic north wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment